MRP Site Navigation
12 Step Groups
MN Treatment Centers
National NA Intergroups
National Al-Anon Intergroups
Other Recovery Groups
& Lesbian Links
& Emotional Health
& Spiritual Links
People In Recovery
Supporting the Minnesota Recovery Page
20 Questions: Are
You An Alcoholic?
Are You an Alcoholic?
To answer this question, ask yourself the following questions and answer them as honestly
as you can.
1. Do you lose time from work due to your drinking?
2. Is drinking making your home life unhappy?
3. Do you drink because you are shy with other people?
4. Is drinking affecting your reputation?
5. Have you ever felt remorse after drinking?
6. Have you gotten into financial difficulties as a result of your drinking?
7. Do you turn to lower companions and an inferior environment when drinking?
8. Does your drinking make you careless of your family's welfare?
9. Has your ambition decreased since drinking?
10. Do you crave a drink at a definite time daily?
11. Do you want a drink the next morning?
12. Does drinking cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
13. Has your efficiency decreased since drinking?
14. Is drinking jeopardizing your job or business?
15. Do you drink to escape from worries or troubles?
16. Do you drink alone?
17. Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of your drinking?
18. Has your physician ever treated you for drinking?
19. Do you drink to build up your self-confidence?
20. Have you ever been in a hospital or institution on account of drinking?
If you have answered YES to any one of the questions, there is a definite warning that you
may be an alcoholic.
If you have answered YES to any two, the chances are that you are an alcoholic.
If you have answered YES to three or more, you are definitely an alcoholic.
(The above Test Questions are used by Johns Hopkins University Hospital, Baltimore, Md.,
in deciding whether or not a patient is alcoholic.)
A word about the advertising:
In an effort to be self-supporting, the
Minnesota Recovery Page includes a limited amount of advertising.
The MRP makes a small amount of money when you click on the links below
and purchase an item after clicking through a link.
Getting Started in A.A.
One Day at a Time
I Want My Life Back
A Program For You
Stepping Stones To Recovery For Men
Serenity Prayer and Sea Sunset
Buy at AllPosters.com